[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1YX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1YX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 16:45:35 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1YX
Operator(s): N1YX
Station: N1YX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:  100    58
   40:  164    65
   20:  411    91
   15:  283    73
   10:   49    16
-------------------
Total: 1007   303  Total Score = 915,363

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What can I say? My best effort by far. Conditions were not as good as at CW
contest, but still very desent. Big thanks to Mark K1RX for fixing my beam
reflector Friday morning, that made big difference on all high bands. Still, I
was badly beaten by "big guns" in the pile-ups, so I didn't hunt for exotic
multipliers and just worked everything I could. After seeing my total climbed
over 600 at the end of first 24 hours, I decided to go for 1000 Qs and could
have done it easily, but had to spend time on some other things, so it was mad
dash to the finish and I was able to beat the clock thanks to our Japanese,
Alaskan and Asiatic Russian friends who made impressive appearence at 20m in
the last hour. My biggest plan in off season is to put 160m antenna.