[3830] ARRLDX SSB KR4F SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jcw@hiwaay.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KR4F SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:00:50 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KR4F
Operator(s): KR4F
Station: KR4F

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Huntsville, AL
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   13    12
   80:   42    39
   40:   86    63
   20:  221    96
   15:  172    78
   10:   30    17
-------------------
Total:  564   305  Total Score = 516,060

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

The power company fixed several significant problems last week, but also found
one residence which contained five bad dimmers, a bad TV, and bad wiring.  The
owners appear to be willing to fix the problems, but I'm not holding my
breath.

At any rate, noise towards the northwest was S9 on 10m and over S9 on the low
bands.  The noise blankers helped, but are problematic in a crowded contest.

A connection to the 40m dipole failed Friday night, so I tried to use the
poorly grounded 14 AVQ.  The results were dismal.  Happily, I found and
corrected the problem on Saturday, but that didn't make up for the 40m losses
on Friday night.

The noise made Europeans impossible on 160m and I could only hear the very
strong ones on 80m.

Maybe I should stick to CW where the narrow bandwidth gives me an additional 13
dB S/N?

This one was brutal, but I guess I had fun.

73
Johnny, KR4F