[3830] ARRLDX SSB ES5RW(@ES5TV) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rein.kolk@kliinikum.ee
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ES5RW(@ES5TV) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:13:37 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5RW
Operator(s): ES5RW
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1631    63
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1631    63  Total Score = 308,826

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

63 out of 63 mults, haven't achieved that before. And, boy, it wasn't difficult
at all - being called by 62 mults, finding VO2 was not a problem. Just run the
pileup, no much use of 2nd VFO.

However, this is the contest where QSO count plays. To be competetive one needs
propagation good enough to log a large number of low power stations with wire
antennas. It was clearly not the case for me. In this part of Europe we are too
north of the areas of good propagation and too south of Nordic guys close to the
Arctic Cirle benefiting from night propagation. The band closed fairly early
both days. Never achieved qso rates above 150.

With the solar cycle building, our chance will come. Keep tuned.

Thanks for the q's and my apologises to the guys I couldn't pull out of the
QRM.

73, Rein, ES5RW