[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH/M LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 20:32:45 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - March 12

Call: W0BH/M
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .2

  160:
   80:
   40:   9     7
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   9     7  Total Score = 63

Club:

Comments:

Hi to all from south Texas .. Del Rio, right on the US/Mexico border!

Last week, I apologize for some really strange-sounding CW.  My ProIII is in
the shop, so I was using my IC7000.  Since I only had one radio, I decided to
run QSK. I have an external QSK switch for when I use the amp with the IC7000.
I'd forgotten to turn off the external QSK switch from a previous contest, so
even though the amp was off, the QSK switch was on which seems to have caused
the problem.  Everything worked fine once I turned off the exernal switch (even
though I was still running QSK).  I'll remember for next time.

Tonight was another story. Lorna and I drove a newer van down, so I rigged up
the IC7000 with a number of Hustler verticals.  All worked fine on the trip
down, but when I tried my first SNS Q this evening, the radio went off and
reset.  Normally, that's a power or grounding issue, but that didn't seem to be
the case this time.  I ended up pulling everything out, rerunning wires,
checking grounds, and finally got things working again (although I still don't
know what caused the problem in the first place).

NS was already half over, but did manage to make a few contacts.  Had a couple
of other problems the first few times, so sorry, Todd, for coming back to you
and then disappearing.  After about 5 minutes, most everyone was gone from 40m
and I realized I hadn't brought along anything for 80m.  I CQd for awhile with
no takers, then at about 0259:50, I heard K6VVA CQing and called him.  Good job
digging me out, Rick!

It's really fun to NS away from home, but will be back in KS next week.

73 until then,

Bob, w0bh

PS Listen for me March 20-21 /m from 32 counties in the OKQP .. one of my
favorites!