[3830] WiQP KA9FOX SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP KA9FOX SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:37:38 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: La Crosse, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7:00
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  143     60
   40:  198    137
   20:   66    132
   15:    1      0
   10:
    6:
    2:           1
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  408    330  Mults = 105  Total Score = 180,495.0

Club:

Comments:

First full-time effort in a contest (except for Sprints) in at least 5+ years.
Thanks to Gary W9XT for quickly sending me one of his SCI-6 sound card
interfaces (see http://www.unifiedmicro.com/sci6.htm ) so that I could have a
voice keyer for the contest, which worked very well once I got some PC issues
resolved.

This was also the first time I've used the N1MM Logger software and my DX
Doubler in a true SO2R configuration, and it also worked very well, once I took
the time to read the instructions and set it up correctly.

I thought conditions were fantastic, and participation was high.   Wow, all the
mobiles!!  I could not keep track of them all.

After the contest, my wife and kids told me that it was over 60 degrees outside
today, and that I really missed out on a beautiful day.  Normally I'd feel bad
about "wasting" a day like that playing radio, but I had so much fun, it was
very well worth it!!

73 - Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox@qth.com

Station:
  Radios:
    FT-1000MP (primary)
    IC-746 (secondary)

  Antennas:
    Force 12 C4XL (20m/40m) at 95 ft
    Force 12 EF180C (80m dipole) at 100ft
    Alpha Delta DXCC (10-80m fan dipole) at 50 ft (rarely used)

  Pictures:
    http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/gallery