[3830] Rus DX K8AJS SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX K8AJS SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:01:18 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2     0         2         0
   80:   10     0         2         0
   40:   50     0        26         1
   20:  263     0        59        46
   15:   35     0        23         0
   10:    5     0         4         0
Total:  365     0       116        47  Total Score = 353,873

Club:

Comments:

Had a good time in this contest. I haven't entered Low Power since 2005 but now
that propagation has been getting better, I thought I would give it a shot. It
was a bit of a learning experience, mainly that low power and wire antennas
make getting into Europe and Russia pretty difficult in a contest situation
where you only have 24 hours to get the job done.

Twenty meters was the bread-and-butter band, as is evident by the numbers. It
was fun being able to work Asiatic Russians after 11:00 PM local time on 20.
Fifteen and ten meters helped with some contacts and multipliers, as well.

All in all, it was enjoyable time spent BIC. Looking forward to the next one.

Rigs: FT1000MP, FT2000
Antennas: 3/4 el quad, 204-foot G5RV, 160-meter extended inverted L
Software: WriteLog 10.71c