[3830] WPX SSB W2IRT SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W2IRT SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:10:16 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  828
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I'd planned to do a serious 40m entry this year. That is until a group of
friends decided to go out to dinner on Friday night at the best steakhouse in
New York City and enjoy copious quantities of very rare single malt Scotch.
Needless to say, by the time I got back home I was in a serious meat-coma and
contesting had to wait till Saturday morning (p.s. Steak and Scotch taste even
better when a fried pays the ginormous tab!)

Saturday dawned far too early for my liking.

By Saturday afternoon I was ready to play and started a pretty serious but
limited-time effort, staying single-band 40m. Had a lot of decent runs the
whole time, albeit mostly to NA. Ran NA all afternoon Sunday but the pickins'
got pretty slim by about 2100z. Spent about 90% of my operating time running or
hunting for a run frequency.

All equipment worked flawlessly though the need for a high-power autotuner gets
highlighted every time I contest on 40m. I suspect I'll be spending a little
time at the Palstar booth in Dayton this year.

I expect a little time on the bands in WPX-CW but failing that, I'll see y'all
in October for CQWW. 73 and Good DX de W2IRT