[3830] WPX SSB KU8E SOSB40(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KU8E SOSB40(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:34:17 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOSB40(TS) HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 16:39

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  813
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

IC756PRO / AL811H - 500 watts
Center fed 130 ft Zepp @ 50 ft, Wire vertical with 4 elevated radials.

I had planned on just playing around this weekend but the rate on 40 meters was
so good on Friday night I stuck with it and decide to just do a SB effort. I'm
sure a FT SB40 effort would have netted over 1000 QSO's.

It was interesting to me that there were so many DX stations who made little
effort to work the USA split. I would hear some stations call CQ for 10 mins
and never make the effort to listen up. 7125-7200 was so packed with stations
it was hard to get a frequency the call CQ on. Most of the stations operating
there were the Big Guns. CQing above 7200 on a clear frequency that didn't have
BC interference and listening split below 7100 didn't really work that well.

It was still fun in the amount of time I had to play radio....

73, Jeff  KU8E