[3830] WPX SSB AD5VJ SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AD5VJ SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:04:08 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AD5VJ
Operator(s): AD5VJ
Station: AD5VJ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Weatherford, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 33.41

------------
  160:    0
   80:  239
   40:  256
   20:  395
   15:  127
   10:   42
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

This is the highest score I have ever made in a contest and the first time I
have broken a million or 600,000 for that matter hihi.

Using an new to me rig and a new to me amp. TS-850SAT with no filters (yet) and
a trusty old Drake L-7 AMP into my home brewed Double Bazooka for 80 meters, my
Butternut Vertical on 40 meters and my 3 element triband Hornet Beam (Built in
1959) on a 30 foot Rohn 25G tower with a Ham IV rotor from the 70's.

I had something driving me I can not explain:

I wanted to quit multiple times and call it a night or day, but I just couldn't
-- I had seen so many guys with well over a million points and just had to get
there myself at least once to know how it felt.

Well, it was not too painful -- although I will admit my eyes, ears and back
are still hurting and this chair gets awefully hard after two or three hours of
sitting in it (yes its true you must stay in the chair to do anything
significant) and around hour 28 I kept forgetting things like changing antennas
ect. So I opted to take a nap around that time.

But I made it happen and that is something whether I win an award or anything
else but I feel like I already won. I made my goal. I must also say that this
is not done without the help of many many other stations who tell you to 'hang
in there' 'good luck' 'hope to work you on ALL the other bands' 'Hi Bob good to
see you here' ect.

We have a great community in contesting -- the people are for the most part
gracious, humble and great operators.

May G_d Bless each and every one of you.

Sincerely,
Bob AD5VJ

p.s now to fix my vertical that didnt have the strength of the paces I put it
through.