[3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:12:43 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Savannah GA
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:  103
   40:  125
   20:  435
   15:  398
   10:   66
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What a fun contest!  Finally was able to get a free weekend and put in a real
effort.  As usual, low power unassisted means â?? just jump in and spend the
first day searching and pouncing.  Having 15 meters really open did help spread
things out and I probably spent more time there than on 20m.  Low power and the
dipoles make 40 and 80m tough; although conditions were good for DX. I didnâ??t
hear much close in activity on those bands this weekend, so Iâ??m sure I missed
a lot of prefixes in the K2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9 areas.

Saturday night was a real treat on 20 meters with wonderful JA and over the
pole action.  Nothing like running low power and having those guys come back.
The score was really helped by being able to run some Europe on 15 meters on
Sunday and later to run stateside on 20m to ad prefixes near the end of the
contest.  The station worked well except for losing rig control about two
thirds of the way into the contest.  Looks like either the COM port went out or
the something in the rig.  The log says I worked 35 hours but like many, I took
little breaks here and there, so left a little on the table.

There was plenty of neat stuff during the test; like 5 bands with HC8, all the
JAâ??s and UAâ??s on Saturday night, catching A71 and having HZ call me on 15m.
 Overall, I was very pleased.  Almost tripled last yearâ??s score and this was a
personal best for the station.

Thanks for the QSOs and see you next time.

Best â?? Jere

Yaesu FT1000 Field, N1MM, TH6-DXX and dipoles for 40 & 80 meters.