[3830] WPX SSB HC8GR M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB HC8GR M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:20:46 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: HC8GR
Operator(s): K1TO K6NA
Station: HC8GR

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 41

------------
  160:   15
   80:  745
   40: 2066
   20: 1648
   15: 3082
   10: 1714
------------

Club:

Comments:

This was my third visit and Glenn´s first to the Killer Station in HC8.
Glenn´s favorite moment was working a 10 year-old, then a few minutes later
having his father thank him profusely for his son´s first DX QSO.

Worked a fair number of southern Europeans on 10, along with a good mix of
Middle East and even a few JAs plus 9W2.

The only blemish was a 6-hour power outage (1230-1830Z day one) that allowed us
to discover that the generator was also not working.  Since we slept for some of
that time, it allowed us to go the rest of the way with only a short break
before sunrise on Sunday, so perhaps it wasn´t much of a blemish after all.

Huge thanks to K6AW, W6NL, N6KT and N5KO for their detailed off-site
interaction, along with our hosts Antuca and Raul for their consistently upbeat
support.  We deeply enjoyed learning mas Espanol while they learned more
English.  Way too many funny moments to list here.

Outside the contest, we worked over 1000 QSOs on 30/17/10, plus another 1500 on
the traditional bands.  Thanks to everyone for all of the QSOs!  Please QSL via
W5UE.

73, Dan, K1TO