[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, locust57@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:45:19 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 16

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): ???
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      1
   80:  12      8
   40:  17     15
   20:  12      7
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     31  Total Score = 1,364

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After 3 weeks, I was rusty to begin with and then Murphy struck while on 20m.
My F-Keys stopped working and I couldn't send CW (this also happened once later
when starting a QSO with N6WM).

I unplugged the USB keyboard and plugged it back in over and over.  No joy.
Finally jumped up and ran to the kitchen and grabbed the other mini-Ergo
keyboard from that confuzer.  Plugged it into the the remote confuzer but still
nada.  In and out with the USB plug.  Frustrated beyond belief.  Finally got
some CW but it was whacked out with real heavy weighting.  Horrors.

Short of rebooting both confuzers in the remote link and the additional time
required to re-connect via WinRDP and open the logger & NSL file, I decided to
try disengaging the remote WKUSB from within TR4W and then re-engaging it
again.  Bingo, but much precious time lost and I felt like a duck out of water.
 Crawled my way to the finish line with a lesser score than hoped for.

On the positive side, I'm looking forward to a first eyeball QSO with K0AD in
Visalia tomorrow, and hopefully meeting some other NS addicts :^)

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust