[3830] OnQP VE3KZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3KZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:30:29 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Radios: SO2R

  160:   29     14     30
   80:   74     91     65
   40:  139     56     74
   20:  132    152     82
   15:    8     24     20
   10:    3     10      6
    6:    2     20      8
    2:    0     27     11
---------------------------
Total:  387    394    296  Total Score = 426,240

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Must have been tough on the QRP operators. There were high noise levels and
incredible QSB at times. 15m showed some signs of life but 160m was the richest
band from the standpoint of efficiency, lots of points for the short time there.
I want to thank those that came on to be the sole representatives of their
County. Also thanks to those manning the bonus stations VA3RAC, VA3CCO and
VE3ODX.
Came within about 5 percent of my previous record. If the windstorm the
previous night had not wrecked the rotator on my 2m beam might have beat that
mark. Must have worked most of my 2m QSO's off the back. Bad enough that the
polarization was wrong for most of those contacts. How many more potential
QSO's were out there just below the noise?
The workhorses were the old modified TH6 and the wires for 40/80/160. Again
thanks to the YUDX participants that I joined with my double exchange. Glad to
give out ITU Zone 4, as well as my County.

73 Bob VE3KZ