[3830] NCCC Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6UFO(@W6YX) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:23:56 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - April 23

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   1      1
   80:   7      2
   40:  13     10
   20:  17     13
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  38     26  Total Score = 988

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I missed last week for Visalia, so I was glad to get on
this week and get started in the new Ladder.

I drove down through the San Francisco commute traffic,
so I was a little frazzled.

The computer was running very sluggish, if I hit the
enter key too early it would glitch the sending, so I
had to watch my typing/sending to let the computer
finish.

Otherwise, it was a blast to hear all the familiar calls,
and some new ones (at least new to me) like K6MM, N3SD
and K4IU.

20m was lively and people stayed awhile - Great!

40m was its usual reliable self, but I finally had to
leave if I wanted time for anything on 80 or 160.

80m was plenty QSOs for QRP but only two states,
and the 160m antenna was missing, so the rig's tuner
was pressed into service for 1 x 1 on 160m.

NS is great fun - Thanks!

...and yes, the quest for 1,000 pts while QRP continues.

K6UFO Mork!

W6YX:
20m: 6 el yagi at 60 ft
40m: 4 el at 60 ft