[3830] NeQP K0PC Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NeQP K0PC Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:14:24 -0700
                    Nebraska QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   14     0       0
   40:  402     0       0
   20:  214     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  630     0       0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 45,148

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I was feeling the need for a QSO Party fix and Nebraska was the closest
option (even though I put over 1,000 miles on the odometer). This was a
solo operation and I only operated while parked. Nebraska allows county
line operation so I planned to hit 12 spots for 24 counties.

I drove down from Minneapolis on Saturday morning and arrived near my
first planned stop about an hour early. It's a good thing I was early
because the planned stop was on a muddy single lane road that my sedan
didn't like. It looked fine on the map but I had to find another spot.
After that spotty start I was able to keep to my schedule on Saturday
with one exception. In order to get to my last planned stop at the
Stanton/Wayne county line I had to drive right by my hotel at 10 PM. I
couldn't stop the car from pulling into the hotel and after 16 hours I
gave in. My apologies to anyone counting on that stop.

Sunday morning I got up bright and early and had breakfast before heading
to my first stop. I finished up at noon with a total of 630 QSOs in the
log. Other than dodging a thunderstorm on Saturday afternoon, it was a
smooth operation. All of the equipment worked well and the operator even
felt pretty good.

My big hitters come in two varieties. Jon, W0ZQ, from MN worked me at
every stop for a total of 24 QSOs and 22 counties. Alan, N5NA, from TX
topped the QSO count with 32 and rang up 18 counties followed closely by
Carl, W9OO, with 30 QSOs and 20 counties. Many thanks to these guys and
everyone who worked me multiple times.

QSOs   Stations
32     N5NA
30     W9OO
24     W0ZQ
20     NT5O
18     K7HP, NA5DX
16     K0HNC, W6GMT
10     K7REL, N4CD, NU0Q

Thanks to these folks and all the others who took time from the FLQP to
work Nebraska.

I had the APRS system running and checked the aprs.fi site when I got
home to see how it worked.

I was very impressed with the coverage by digipeaters in the area. I
don't know if the APRS helped anyone find me but it sure didn't hurt.

The rules for scoring mobiles are a bit odd in this QSO Party. You
essentially submit a separate entry for each county. Makes it tough
to win when you only spend 40 minutes on each entry. My reported score
of 45,148 is the sum of all the individual counties. Thanks to the
Heartland DX Association for sponsoring the NEQP.

73,
Pat  K0PC