[3830] 7QP K3FIV SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3fiv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K3FIV SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 13:07:24 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K3FIV
Operator(s): K3FIV
Station: K3FIV

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Pt, Arena, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   33      1
   40:   51     28
   20:   27      9
   15:    2      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  113     38      0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 22,410

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Three contests at the same time, plus several others in progress = lots of
activity.  15 and 10 were somewhat open, based on being able to hear several DX
stations, but no contest activity around.

I think I'll have a number of broken exchanges.  Dah-di-dah-dit is not so
different from Di-dah-dah-dit, so my "599 CA" gets easily mentally mangled into
"599 PA" because I'm a K3 and therefore that's where I must be.  Tried sending
"599 CA CA" for emphasis.  It's easier on phone - Cal-if-orn-ya versus
Penn-syl-vane-ya, harder to miscopy.

Used this as an opportunity to finally figure out how to get N1MM hooked up for
CW, and try my hand at my first CW contest.  Very strange to make so many QSOs
without even touching an actual key.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  Just
have to remember to keep my fingers from straying on the keyboard and sending
when it shouldn't.

One of my first contacts was K7VGQ, who was in 4 counties at the same time!  I
wonder how many places there are in the US where you can do that?  And where is
the place where you can be in the most counties at once...?

Having fun, with 100 watts and a dipole...

73 de Jack K3FIV