[3830] 7QP K7FA SOSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wilson.az@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7FA SOSSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 13:15:50 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K7FA
Operator(s): K7FA
Station: K7FA

Class: SOSSB HP
QTH: AZ MHV
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:         652
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     652      0  Mults = 60  Total Score = 78,240

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

GO OUTLAWS ! !

Rig : Yaesu FT-1000MP MK-V Field, AL-800H
Sfw:  N1MM-Logger Ver. 10.4.9
Antenna : 6-El M2 20M6A

Fun contest. Thanks to our 7QP Sponsor, and to participants of other QSO
Parties (New England, Indiana, MARAC) who offered an endless supply of
contacts. Rates exceeded 80/hr until 20-m nightfall propagation took over.
Greater focus and less Rag-Chew would have significantly improved my rate .  .
. but Hey, it was a QSO Party: A laid-back time for fun! Majority of reports
were true 5/9 reports (even for Pop-Gun Stations, mobiles, and at least a
couple QRP Stations). About 20 percent exceeded S9+15DB. Yes, Really! A few
Big-Guns just about blew off my earphones with S9+25DB signals.
A good thing: N1MM-Logger V10.4.9 scored Mults. for all DX that called me
(F6HKA,EI9JU,EA3NO,EA3NW,9Y4SRR,WP4OBL). N1MM-Logger worked flawlessly for a
double-credit State-Line AC7GP/M contact. Those who used the ROVER feature may
wish to enlighten us with their experience. Finally, the N1MM-Logger support
guys deserve a huge THANK YOU, especially to K3CT during this past week.

Murphy began work early (before the contest), and continued for the first
6-hours to cause a really late start. A multi-two operation was planned with
XYL on SSB and me on CW. However, the default CW operating position (K3) was
not responding to commands on the RS-232 line. The XYL decided I should switch
stations, while she did some gardening. An operator change in the Station Data
was quick enough, but I was not pleased with switching to phone (XYL has
default SSB operating position). Next, a bystander may have thought my
expression funny after I unplugged the flash drive (containing her WAV files)
and proceeded to make my first SSB contact: The flash drive on the XYL computer
was rigged with plenty of WAV files. After I had removed the flash drive, you
may imagine my surprise, when her voice blurted out an exchange message as a
contact was logged. Much time was lost checking configuration settings to
determine why the switch in operators had not fully taken effect. It appears
that the WAV file for the exchange is held in memory, so my attempts to silence
my XYL were futile until the logging program was restarted! Apologies to those
who believed a YL had wrestled the mike away from me.
73 â?? Tom