[3830] NewEngQP WA1Z/M SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob@wa1z.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP WA1Z/M SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 05:03:40 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: WA1Z/M
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: 15 CTY
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:     59       0
   40:    352       0
   20:    460       5
   15:      5       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    876       5  Mults = 78  Total Score = 137,046

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Despite conditions, this is still my second best effort behind last year's when
we had quiet conditions and awesome activity.

It only took 40 minutes before I took a wrong turn in my route on Saturday.
Ended up spending more time in WALME than I had planned and spent the next
three hours trying to catch up to my scheduled route.  Aside from the wrong
turn, the route was almost identical to last year except that I discovered two
spots I had planned to use as operating locations were closed due to
construction.

Never got a really great run going at any point during the weekend.  There were
points on Sunday when 20 seemed like a ghost town.  Highlight of the weekend was
when DL5AWI called in on 80 Meters with a booming signal early Sunday morning.

Thanks to everyone who called in all weekend.  Several stations were worked
many times.  Those with ten or more were:  K1ZZI (18); N4CW and NF4A (16); N4PN
(15); N2WN and NA4K (13); K9CT and W8TM (12); K0LUZ and N4ARO (11); and DL5AWI,
W4UCZ and WB4ZPF (10).  Special thanks to DX stations DL3GA, DM3ZF, HA2MN,
G3WPF, LY9A, SM5CIL, OK1AOV, SP5SA, UA6LCN, and US5XD who called in multiple
times throughout the weekend as well.

Big thank you to Tom K1KI and the NEQP organizers for another fun weekend!

Station:

Elecraft K3
Nissan Pathfinder with two antenna mounts on hatchback door
Two Hustler MO-2 masts on trunk-lip mounts supported half-way up by a homebrew
harness attached to the roof rack.  On masts were:
80 Meter Hustler RM-80
40 Meter Hustler RM-40
20 Meters:  Hustler RM-15 with DXEngineering Hot Rodz capacity hat
15 Meters:  Hustler RM-15 with DXEngineering Hot Rodz capacity hat

Writelog on laptop PC powered by car jumper style batteries.