[3830] 7QP W0BH SOMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP W0BH SOMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 21:17:47 -0700
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 17.6
Radios: SO2R

  160:    4      0
   80:   42     25
   40:   52     73
   20:   73    385
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  171    483      0  Mults = 157  Total Score = 232,203

Club:

Comments:

Hesston College graduates students a week later this year, so instead of
relaxing after all my finals are graded, I was busy writing finals and trying
to clear the weekend for my favorite multi-QP.  On top of that, we had two days
of furious sustained winds. A higher gust blew a tree limb down on top of my
east/west receive antenna which required some repairs on Friday evening.

With New England, Indiana, and MARAC also in the mix, I try to concentrate on
the 7QP as primary since I'm formerly a 7-lander.  The bands were in good
shape. There was never a time when I couldn't work 7s, although the New England
stations were much louder for a stretch on Saturday afternoon and I worked a
number of them off the back of the beam.

The mobile ops were really appreciated .. I put 13 in the log, including some
who were just travelling along, heard me CQing, and kept coming back when new
counties appeared.  Thanks to all of them, but especially to the following
stations with 3 or more Qs:

8 K4XU/m, KD0S/m (K4XU was consistently the loudest into Kansas this year)
6 KF7P/m
5 K7QXG/m
4 AC7GP/m, W7UG/m
3 K6DHN/m, KS5A/m, WI7F/m

The top three fixed stations for me were K7XV (12), K7EAR (10), and W7CT (7).
I can't help also mentioning the K7IA (4) expedition to Apache county in AZ. If
you haven't read his 3830 report yet, be sure you do.  It will definately go
down as a classic, and the determination to get on the air even in trying
circumstances is a lesson to us all.  Incredible job, Dan!

Overall, I worked 449 unique calls and 14 "new" counties I hadn't worked in the
previous runnings of the 7QP.  That leaves 46 counties I still need to add to
the list.  I'm sure K4XU and KD0S went through a few of them and I just missed
them for one reason or another.  Tracking mobiles is much more difficult when
there are a number of other QSO parties out there competing for bandwidth.

Last year, I put a county trend stat out and got a few comments back, so I'll
add 2010 and try it again.  A special invitation to Wyoming for next year!

07 08 09 10 MAX
14 14 13 14 /15 Arizona
16 15 21 22 /44 Idaho
24 21 16 27 /56 Montana
08 04 08 11 /17 Nevada
34 33 30 28 /36 Oregon
19 20 20 18 /29 Utah
31 26 27 32 /39 Washington
07 13 07  5 /31 Wyoming

The CODXC continues to do a fine job of coordinating this event.  I know it
takes the work of many in all of 7-land to make this a success, so thanks to
all who helped out.

To turn this around, 7-land is a great place to work back into Kansas, so add
the Kansas QSO Party to your calendar .. once again the last weekend in August.
 We'll try hard to have all 105 counties on the air.

73, Bob, w0bh