[3830] NewEngQP K1QO M/S Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1qo@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP K1QO M/S Mobile LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 04:11:07 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1QO
Operator(s): N1IX, K1QO
Station: K1QO

Class: M/S Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

   80:
   40:     10
   20:    152
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    162       0  Mults = 31  Total Score = 10,044

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

FT-840
Bumper Mounted 20M Hamstick & 40M Hamstick

Our first venture out as a mobile, it certainly was N1IX and K1QO's
excellent adventure and it was a blast!!!!!!   Many thanks to help
from the "Roverhood", in particular N9NE. Todd's an incredible mobile
mentor, friend and moral support all rolled into one.   It was just so
cool and seemed so appropriate that he would also be our first q.

The ride was wild, mountain roads, high speeds to make it home early
enough to make the spouses happy, a 10 county tour in 5.5 hours.  The
Presidential range peaks in the White Mountain National Forest were
snow covered and stunning as the sun set. It was so much fun to be the
sought after station.  We were both on moose lookout going through the
102 stretch in VT and had to cut the trip short bumping up and down on
a small stretch of road with freshly plowed corn fields and a trailer
with dozens of  junk cars in the front yard.  High points of our trip
included; N9NE as our first contact, truly it's his style, this is a
guy who can bag two pelts within one minute of the QRP fox hunts, what
a FB op!!!!   Being called by K4BAI,  a contesting Olympiad and FB
gentleman. John was Ann's first /m contact and she was so thrilled to be on
the receiving end of the call she dislodged the USB cable on the
microham :)  Fellow, YCCC'er W6PH sending us KB's.

K1ZZI-8 counties,
N4PN-6 counties,
DL3GA-5 counties,
NF4A, K0IO,  K4LTA, N2WN, K1PT- 4 counties.

K1ZZI you are incredible, it was so cool to hear you in
all those counties, 8, thank you so much for your support, it was
incredible!!!!  Our effort was limited primarily to the 20M hamstick,
bumper mounted.  When we tried to switch to 40M, the unguyed antenna
gave us problems so we had to switch back to 20M and it was late, we were
heading home and 20M was pretty dead.   We were not loud, we'll improve, we
didn't have much time, but we had more fun than a barrel of monkeys and we're
ready to do this again soon!!!!  Many, many thanks to all who helped us and
supported us..this has to be best 5.5 hours I've ever spent on radio since I've
taken up this hobby!!!!

73/88 (the 88 is from Ann)
de K1QO es N1IX