[3830] InQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] InQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 06:17:39 -0700
                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

  160:
   80:   17     25
   40:   94    128
   20:    1      0
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  112    153  CW Mults = 73  Ph Mults = 68  Total Score = 53,257

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 100 bonus points for working W9UUU and W9TE/90.

Despite my new driver daughter's best efforts to derail my weekend (will detail
in CH CW post later), I had lunch half eaten and was ready for action around
1603Z and not very well rested. I got off to a good start with a good 40M phone
run starting around 1615Z (20 obviously never opened) and had logged my first
100 Q's by just before the 2 hour mark. When the NEQP crowd decended on 40
phone around 2130Z that was about the end of the "good times". The increased
QRM from them and ARI crowded up the band. Before then, I was able to move
quite a few mobiles from CW to phone or vice versa. Keith, WA3HAE was like a
gnat buzzing around me; I would move someone to phone and he would be the next
QSO or beat me there! I wish he would post to 3830. 75/80M was very noisy which
didn't stop me from hearing who was there, but decreased the activity no doubt.
I started running out of gas around 01Z and quit at 0220Z; most of the 01Z hour
was spent working NEQP and 7QP stations on 40/80.

The mobile coverage and participation was outstanding, many thanks to all of
you! Valid Q's by the numbers with mobiles/rovers: Don W9IU and Kevin operating
WN9O teamed up for 26, Mel KJ9C 23 (thanks for last year's HP OOS plaque!), Jim
WT9U 15, the moblie team of Dan and Judy KM9X/KB9MGI 12 each and 12 counties,
John AE8M 12, Jim N9JF driving home thru IN 9, Mark WB9CIF 8 (some rare ones),
N9OL 8, and N9QX 5. Thanks to your efforts, I only missed 7 of the 92 counties
overall. Thanks to all for the Q's and to the Hooiser DX and Contest Club for
sposoring the event with generous plaque awards.