[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3830@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 23:04:48 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 7

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   7      5
   40:  19     14
   20:  22     15
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  49     35  Total Score = 1,715

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had hopes of doing the SNS as KP2/K6VVA also via remote again, but Murphy
struck a blow in the new equipment food chain down in St. Croix.  I had made a
few 20m remote DX Q's in the afternoon, butthen CW keying went down the tubes.
Unfortunately, the cause of the problem could not be determined and fixed in
time to play SNS ball ;-(

At 0245 UTC in the NS with 30 Q's in the bag, once again I had dreams of a 60
QSO night... until the 40m/80m brick wall put a stop to that.  160m during the
last few minutes was essentially VaporsVille and a strange absence of fellow
6-landers except for my only 160m Q - K6UFO (Tnx, Mork).

Super Ears N3BB pulled me out on 80m again, and WOW ... way to go with that
just under 3,000 point score, Mr. Booga.  I've said it many times before ---
someone will win the Locust X-Prize for making or breaking 3,000 points.

Congrats to fellow friendly NCCC competitors N3ZZ and N6ZFO for their really
(really) close NCCC Territory scores tonight.  Yes, Bill, Tom needs to plant
some grapes :^)  N6RO and W0YK were conspicuously missing from my log and
didn't hear a peep out of them tonight.  Since Ken and Ed both have vineyards,
perhaps they were doing some kind of NS-equivalent wine competition.

Sorry to be missing the post-NS 3610 Net for a while, but at 0300 UTC, I rush
to the couch to watch Flash Foward and then Fringe - two of my favorite TV
shows.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust