[3830] NCCC Sprint NO3M QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint NO3M QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:34:11 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - May 14

Call: NO3M
Operator(s): NO3M
Station: NO3M

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   2      2
   80:  14      6
   40:  13     11
   20:   6      3
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  35     22  Total Score = 770

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

YOI!

Ran the NS from home tonight (not /M), and was stuck using QRP, well, 10W
QRP.....

K3s are lying in pieces on the desk w/ the DSP boards sitting in Aptos; getting
the DSP re-work done to eliminate that nasty 12kHz DAC leakage that has been
annoying me since getting them 2 years ago.  I'll finally be able to chuck the
outboard audio filters out the window.

I figured it was a good time to send them off w/ the by-week in NS ladder, but
now I wished I had them.

SO... I was left with the K2, but alas, the 100W PA is sitting at our other
house 100 mi. away, so forced to go 10W.  Needless to say, not so thrilled, as
it would have been a blast to break into 60+ Qs w/ dupes tonight.

On top of that, I didn't have a 1/4in. to 1/8in stereo adapter to key the K2
from the SO2R box, so all keying was via the paddle and K2 internal keyer.

FINALLY.... the PC didn't want to turn on, so ended up doing paper logging (GO
DAHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!).  I used a pen, not a #2, BWAHAHAHA..

What a night... time to do something constructive and not destructive, LOL.

73 - Eric (TY-me-in-knots) NO3M