[3830] WPX CW NN3W SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn3w@cox.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN3W SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 18:27:28 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  114
   20:  172
   15:    4
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Part time effort (as usual these days).  I was invited to operate over at N3HBX
but could not commit owing to the fact that 3-day weekends are almost always
reserved for the family.

Since I have a WPX caliber call, I thought at least I'd play 15 or 20 hours
from home.  Nope.  First hour was very nice with about 100 in the log, when
suddenly my FT-990 shut off on its own.  Turns out that the fan has probably
died on it and the radio went into auto protect mode.

It started up fine the next morning and to protect it I placed a decent sized
muffin fan underneath it to keep cool air blowing into the vital parts.  Of
course, by, then the aurora and e-mag storm hit, the A and K went through the
roof and life was now unfun.

Would up working the remainder of my time - 10 minutes here and 10 minutes
there.  Did get a nice run around 1600z with another 100 in the log in quick
order.  Ahhh...well, next year.