[3830] WPX CW K7IA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K7IA SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:55:34 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 24:14

------------
  160:
   80:   66
   40:  310
   20:  544
   15:   30
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Only 5 dupes.

If memory serves, conditions were better last year.  I bettered last year's
score, but it took more than 200 additional Qs and 6 additional hours to do it.
 I never caught up with last year's prefix count.

I gave the K3 a rest and put the newly completed K2 to work.  It's receiver is
no slouch, but I missed the K3's continuously variable bandpass filtering.  But
both IF filtering and audio DSP are pushbutton adjustable, allowing me to
squeeze into holes for some good runs.  The K2 is more than up to the job and
will serve very nicely for its intended purposes--Field Day, portable QSO party
ops, and backup for the K3.

Many thanks to CQ for hosting this fine event.  Special thanks go to the weak
signal ops whose perseverance and repeats made the QSOs happen!

73,
Dan k7ia