[3830] WPX CW UP2L(UA9BA) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ua9ba@mail.ru
Subject: [3830] WPX CW UP2L(UA9BA) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:09:02 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: UP2L
Operator(s): UA9BA
Station: UN9LG

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Kostanay, Kazakh
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2122
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Ural Contest Groupe

Comments:

NEVER saw 20m band in such poor shape for the WHOLE weekend in a major contest!
It only got just a little better during the last 9 hours of the contest. 1000
NA QSOs less this year compared to 2009! I only managed 200 NA QSOs this past
weekend. EVERY NA QSO was a challenge and almost impossible. I seem to have a
"WPX CW 2010 UBN-fobia" now, because not only NA QSOs were hard to make but
many EUn QSOs logged were on the verge as well. Hundreds of QSOs were muted
because of rapid and very deep QSB of signals. A European station could lose
30+ dB in signal strngth just within 10 -20 seconds, get lost in the noise and
never show up again.
The highlight - 5555 QSO points scored by no special intention :-)

Thank you ALL who made it into my log!

Special congratulations to ALEX RZ3AZ for an amazing score from EF8M under such
poor CONDX!

73's & GL, Willy UA9BA