[3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 06:32:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD, LZ1ANA, LZ1GL, LZ1PJ, LZ1PM, LZ1UQ, LZ2CJ, LZ2HQ, LZ2GL,
LZ2TU, LZ2UU, LZ2PO, LZ2UZ, LZ3FM, LZ3UM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:  429
   80:  980
   40: 1970
   20: 1988
   15: 1688
   10: 1280
------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

The only thing to complain about are the tunderstorms we had during the
afternoons of Saturday and Sunday. Rain was really heavy and the strong winds
for about two hours each day tested in a best possible way our antennas
installation.

Static crashes made reception a torture especially on 80 and 160m. We hope
those who called us will excuse our requests for multiple repeats of the call
and serial number.

Condx were better on Saturday night and got worse on Sunday except for 40m. 40m
was the band which saved the contest for us on early Sunday morning. ( our TNX
to LZ3FM and LZ1GL for excellent job done on Sunday morning ). The stacks on
20, 15 and 10m finally paid out for hard installation work done by local
Breznik members of LZ9W.

Incorporating Skimmers into Win-Test proved to be a good step forward for LZ9W
team( tnx DL2CC and OL5Q for providing them )

Equipment

160m - TS850SAT - single band HM amp on two GU74b - Inv.Vee and separate RX ant
( only one operating position )

all other bands with two operating places driving a single PA

80m - IC 775DSP - TS950SD - single band home made amp on two GU74b
Single full size QUAD, 2el phased dipoles - JA, 2 el slooping phased dipoles -
USA, long Inv.Vee , separate RX antenna

40m - TS950SDX - TS950SDX - ACOM 2000A
HB9CV, 4 el WA3FET fixed to Japan, dipole, separate RX antenna

20m - TS950SDX - FT2000 - single band home made amp on two GU74b
6el WA3FET and 6 over 6 over 6 stack fixed to USA

15m - FT1000MP - TS940 - single band HM amp on two GU74b
6 el. WA3FET and 6 over 6 over 6 stack fixed to USA, dipole

10m - IC746 - IC 746 - single band HM amp on two GU74b
7 el WA3FET and 6 over 6 over 6 stack fixed to USA

THANKS ALL for calling us !!!

See you in IARU 2010 - we will be part of LZ HQ stations on some bands.
We suggest for a rules change, so that HQ stations to send CHECK LOGS only - as
it was when all that stuff with HQ stns started.

Thanks to Goch part ( 20 m ) of DA0HQ team for great competition and fairplay
this time in WPX CW ! It was nice to see that Lothar DL3TD has recovered from
his illness so fast, so that he was able even to take part in WPX CW contest.
We wish him best of health.

73, Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W Contest Team