[3830] WPX CW VE3RSA SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tom_cleveland@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE3RSA SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:34:19 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE3RSA
Operator(s): VE3RSA
Station: VE3RSA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    1
   80:   32
   40:  122
   20:   89
   15:   42
   10:   31
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

After going to all the trouble to find a beautiful location in the countryside
to operate from, with a great view,  towards Europe and Japan, that just
"happened" to be the property housing a wonderful Bed and Breakfast, with the
most accommodating owners, it would have been nice if the ionosphere had been
in a better mood!

Conditions were sub-par from what I hoped for, as noted by others, and no, not
a single JA heard , though i want to thank all those DX stations for their
perserverence and uncanny receiving abilities to hear my 5 Watts but especially
the 2 ZL's that I worked (ZM4G & ZM1A) and IM3QBR. Thanks guys!!

This was my first time using a beam which fortunately arrived a few days before
the contest from Mosely. Although a simple TA32 2 element tribander and only 25
feet in the air, it really turned out to be a key for this years test and many
of the stations that were not above the noise on the wires were workable on the
beam. I love it!!

I hope conditions perk up for November.

See you all then,

Tom  VE3RSA

2010 setup:

elecraft K2 barefoot
5 band Alpha Delta dipole as inverted VEE - center at 40'
136ft long wire with 10 radials

TH2 at 25' (yipee!- finally)