[3830] WPX CW OL26LP(OK1CZ) SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OL26LP(OK1CZ) SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:54:23 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OL26LP
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: PRAHA
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:   73
   80:  276
   40:  262
   20:  308
   15:  186
   10:  145
------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig : FT2000, 90W
Antennas : OCF wire/Windom 80m (160/80m), OCF 42m (40m), 3el. Yagi (20/15/10)

Using the special event call OL26LP was my big mistake.
My naive idea of having fun in pile-ups thanks to the unique rare prefix turned
into a big disapointemnt.
The problem was the prefix! Most operators copied my callsign as "OL2BLP"
instead of OL26LP in about 90% of the QSOs!
Imagine that 1000 times out of the 1250 QSOs you have to repeat the call 3 to
15 times and try to correct it. Not always successfully.
My signal was not weak in Europe, N1MM logger was sending perfect CW and max
speed was 26-28 WPM, slowing down when repeating.

I do appreciate the 10% of the great CW OPs who got the call right straight
away. This includes DX stations who could copy the call right even if my signal
was weak on 80 and 40m under QRN and QSB.

Some times it helped to send the number 6 slowly by paddle and add a few more
dits like -......

My advice: do not use a two figure prefix ending with number 4 or 6 as this can
be copied as V or B.

Thanks all for the QSOs and
See you next time under a proper call :-)