[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3831@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:07:54 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 4

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   2      1
   80:   4      2
   40:  18     13
   20:  24     14
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  48     30  Total Score = 1,440

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Same old story - 30 Q's at 0345 UTC hoping to break 60 but nil.  I keep
forgetting about what happens later especially on 80m & 160m from out here
where it is still DAYLIGHT ;-(

Can someone please remind me again why we have 160m in the Spring/Summer NSL?

Just before the NS I heard N3BB working K6RB.  I was curious how my signal
compared, and shortly after when Jim called me I asked.  OUCH ... he said I was
about one S-Unit below Rob which caused some mild panic.  I decided I would have
to work harder tonight :^)

Tnx to KE3X for the DC mult tonight (even though it ended up as KY in the
logger).  Apologies to NG7M who I think I stepped on during QLF here ;-(

Going to 40m was a shock.  Mostly weak signals and I wasn't sure the antenna
was working.  N6RO mentioned later on the NCCC Net that the A Index was
something like 41.  No wonder condx were stinko.  80m totally sucked.  160m is
a loser here (but Tnx to K6NV and... umh... either N6RO or N6ZFO for my only 2
Q's there at the end).

Wayyyyy below my hoped for total points goal tonight, but TNX so much for the
fun.  Especially, after the horrific LIDFESTS with E4X that have been polluting
the bands.  Didn't hear the 7038 to 7040 digital jammer tonight who is normally
S9 plus 20db here.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust