[3830] AlQP KC4HW/M SO Mobile+DriverCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc4hw@centurytel.net
Subject: [3830] AlQP KC4HW/M SO Mobile+DriverCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 13:36:03 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: KC4HW/M
Operator(s): KC4HW
Station: KC4HW

Class: SO Mobile+DriverCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:   78
   20:  248
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  326     0  CW Mults = 38  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 24,776

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were not to good!  Tried to get on 40m early in the day, but there
just was not any activity.  It seemed that QSOs were coming in just as strong
from short distances as from long distances.  So stuck it out on 20m as long as
I could.  Both 20 and 40 just seemed horrible sometimes.

WX was rough in the afternoon.  We really ran into some tough WX in Greene,
Wilcox, Dallas counties and all the way home.  We managed 13 counties.  Bless
her, but unfortunately Ms Bonnie, is not able to drive at night.  So at 7:30PM
with stromy WX I took over the driving.  We got our last two counties by just
driving there and operating some in each county.  We drove in from there which
was about 125 miles from home.  BTW we drove 176 miles just to get to our
starting point.  All total about 625 miles.  Unfortunately I could not make it
to Pike county.

Worked DX3DXX several times with a great signal.  Also worked KP2/K3TEJ and
thanks for hanging in there with me while I sorted out your call.  Your signal
was good, just confusion on my part.

At this writing there are 76 logs already submitted.  I will confirm all of
those later this week.  Please submit your log!

K4WI/Cort happened upon us close to his place in Uniontown, AL and stopped by
to say hello.

I also saw KN4Y/m coming through the interseciton of CR 10 and 221 just outside
of Camden in Wilcox county.  Unfortunately did not get to talk with Ed, but saw
that White Van with FL plates and a top hat antenna on the roof.  Thanks Ed for
coming and support our event again this year.

We had 12 mobiles that were participating.  Not sure if they all made it, but
it was great to see this support from neighbors in TN, FL, GA and the AL
mobiles.  All those mobiles had to make it fun for those folks outside of
Alabama.

Thanks to everyone for making our event a success!

73 and cu next year!

Jim/KC4HW