[3830] AlQP WX4LEE M/MSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx4tm@tm-moore.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP WX4LEE M/MSSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:41:50 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: WX4LEE
Operator(s): WX4LEE
Station: WX4LEE

Class: M/MSSB HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:
   80:
   40:          519
   20:          679
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   0     1198  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 57  Total Score = 68,286

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

OPERATORS: MARY WX4MM, CONNIE KJ4UNA, DEEDIE KI4ERR

We had originally planned a Mixed (SSB/CW) Hi Pwr effort with the YLs running
SSB and us two guys (Tom WX4TM and Jeff KE4UNA) putting in a token CW effort.
But after only a single CW contact in the first 2 hrs, the YLs took over both
radios and let us know that it would NOW be an ALL YL event on SSB only! We MEN
got no respect! So in  reversing 'normal roles', we became the cheerleaders and
support staff providing drink and food. Even then we couldn't do it right - we
got complaints for not providing Margaritas! Gheez!

Two of the gals were a little late arriving so Mary kicked it off with a
blazing 132 Q's on 20M SSB in the FIRST HOUR! Deedie and Connie arrived
shortly and the they were off to the races on two radios. The only bands worked

were 20 and 40M SSB. We couldn't believe the pilesups they had for almost the
entire contest.

Taking an hour and a half off for dinner and thunderstorms resulted in
10.5 hrs on 20M and  8.5 hrs on 40M.

A big BIG congratulations to these ladies for such a fine effort representing
the Lee County EMA ARC in the AQP. They really had a great good natured good
time; often with whoops of "war eagle" when a new multi was logged.

Though Writelog gave the team a total score of 77870, I think the WL
AQP module has a glitch in it. They got 1198 Q's with 57 Multi's missing only
(NT) Northwest Territory. So 1198 x 57 = 68286 claimed score.

I have to tell you we're mighty proud of these ladies. Most of you know that
Mary is an an experienced contester. Few know that Connie has only a few
contests under her belt but has very fast become a capable and dependable
contester.  Deedie doesn't have the opportunity to get on a radio very often
but, I tell ya, she's a fast learner and a real 'war eagle' behind the mike.
I'd be proud to have any of them on my team any time!

Station setup: Using the WX4MM WX4TM home station - 20M SSB was on FT950, AL80B
AMP set at 600 Watts, and a TH-11 Antenna at 85ft that began pointed due North
and was moved only once around 2PM to the Northwest. 40M SSB was with an
FT2000, QRO amp set at 1KW, and full size 40M vertical at 45 ft w/8 elevated
radials. Both radios used Shack-Lan bandpass filters with the antennas
separated approximately 250ft. All oprs used Heil headsets. Operator
positions were separated by about 4ft.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.  73, -- Tom WX4TM