[3830] AlQP N5WR/M Mobile Solo OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, erik_martin44@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] AlQP N5WR/M Mobile Solo OpCW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:01:02 -0700
                    Alabama QSO Party

Call: N5WR/M
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: N5WR

Class: Mobile Solo OpCW LP
QTH: AL - 25 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:  102
   40:  579
   20:  138
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  819     0  CW Mults = 45  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 73,710

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

After putting in a full time effort in WPX the previous weekend, I wasnâ??t sure
if I was going to do AlQP this year. I was thinking I would maybe do a part time
effort from a few counties close to home. On Friday I got off work earlier than
expected and went home and slept all day. I woke up feeling great and decided
to make a full time mobile run.

Started off in Marshall county and quickly went to Jackson. Band conditions
were very poor to start the contest. Only 39 contacts in the first hour despite
hitting 5 counties. I really was never able to get any good run going on 20
meters all day. Made about 200 fewer QSOs than last year on 20. 40m was more
productive, especially in the evening.

I went to a lot more counties this year, operating while driving and only
stopping a couple of times for gas. Ran into a brief thunderstorm in the
evening, with a heavy downpour and frequent lightning that lasted about half an
hour. I also got semi-lost again this year near Lake Guntersville at night. Had
to rely on the GPS to get me back on track. I got stopped by a police check
near the lake, on a lone county road somewhere in Marshall county. The
policeman asked for my license, looked inside the car at all my gear on the
passenger seat, and said â??You know thereâ??s an easier way to listen to the
radio.â??

Many thanks to everyone for the QSOs. We invite our neighbors to join us for a
mobile run in TQP in September.

Most QSOs:  W0BH(33), K5WE(23), W8TM(21), K9EU(20), NO5W(19), K4BSK(18),
N4ARO(18), N4VV (18)

73, Erik N5WR