[3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, msadams60@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2QO/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:29:46 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  394   112  Total Score = 54,096

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This running of the June contest has some real high points.

-6M was open quite a bit and we made many long haul Qs with a Par Omni and
100W.
-We met and had dinner with a NEW Rover, KC2PLJ. He was ripping up the bands
with a super simple setup that anyone could copy. What is amazing is that he
figured out how to put it all together without help from a rover Elmer or a VHF
contest club!
-Sunday dinner turned into a mini-Rovermania with 3 rovers meeting. It was fun
to hash over war stories.
-We ran the lower 4 this time out which eliminated hours of testing. Had we
taken the next 6 bands we'd have only made an addition 10 Qs by my best
estimate.

And the low points.

-Our main rotor was noisy. It wiped out the bands when rotating. It'll be "in
the shop" very soon.
-We missed two very short opening to the west on 6M.
-We had bad inter-station interference. 222 wiped out 432 and 6. This was not a
problem last time out. Bad cable?
-Lots of fog and rain which made driving slow at times but did not seen to
affect the bands.

It will be interesting to see how this score fares in the final analysis
because we have not had a huge 6M opening since the advent of limited rover.

73,
K2QO