[3830] ARRL June VHF W0ETT/7 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W0ETT/7 Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 18:03:43 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  318   156  Total Score = 49,764

Club:

Comments:

Rain, rain, and more rain on Friday before the test, Saturday, and Sunday...plus
temperature highs were at 46 degrees led to a cold, clammy weekend. Some of the
Texas stations were telling me it was in the 90s down south - hard to relate.
In any case, the 6m band came to life Saturday afternoon and evening with
strong sigs in most directions except to the northeast.  Sunday, not so much
happening in WY...with just some spotty 6m Es openings good for grids and some
60 Qs.

Missed the 2 mtr Es evening opening from Wyoming to W8/W9 but two locals -
N7AOK and K7KMT - 35 miles to the south in Casper DN62 were pleased to work
collectively about 10 stations.  Ralph N7AOK told me the pileup was so intense
that he had a hard time pulling callsigns out of it - but he found it to be a
very exciting 30 minutes.  Had a neat esp level 6m QSO with K7RE in Spearfish,
SD DN84.  K1EY in FL and K5YY in AR commented that DN63 was #400 towards their
FFMA - glad to help out.  Nice to QSO XE2WWW, XE2K, and 4B2S, only DX worked.

Rig:  IC756pro3 with 100w to 3 el 6m CC, 2 el 6m quad, IC910H with 100w to 8 el
2m yagi, and 8 el 432 yagi.

73 Ken Anderson, W0ETT/7
portable for contest in Edgerton, WY, Natrona County