[3830] All Asian CW K8IA SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW K8IA SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:50:35 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: K8IA
Operator(s): K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:  506   106
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  506   106  Total Score = 53,636

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

TT Orion II, Alpha 8410, M2 40M3L Yagi at 71'

Congrats to Ken N6RO for a really super score. New NA record for SOSB40 I
think!Great to share the band with both Ken and fellow Arizona Outlaw N6SS,
with all three of us doing SOSB40.

My score was my second personal best, having competed in SOSB40 six of the past
8 yrs. It's a decent score for my hardware, AZ QTH and operating abilities.
Competing against folks like N6RO and N6SS always keeps me sharp.

Except for 2-3 hours on Sunday, I struggled with some really strong static
crashes and Saturday brought several hours of some really rapid QSB as well.
Signals culd be S6-7 when answering my CQ and be down in the noise after I sent
my Exchange. Really frustrating and reminiscent of certain times on 160.

There were about 15-20 dupes. One guy worked me four times, including twice in
a 16 minute period! Are people still not using logging software? Why?

I think I may try All-Band next year. There were just too many streches of
no-answers, especially the second night.

Continued thanks to JARL for sponsoring the All Asian Contests.

CU all in IARU Contest next! Look for N7AT call.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club