[3830] All Asian CW N2WN SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW N2WN SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:14:11 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Grainger County
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  100    55
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  100    55  Total Score = 5,500

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I was tickled to actually hear, and even work, something other than
Japan and Asiatic Russia. Friday night was great into Russia, but only
so-so into Japan. Did hear a 3W in S&P and couldn't raise BW.

Had zero luck on 40 Saturday morning, and only a short time for 20
before returning to wonderful yard work. We had a storm roll in which
killed a large part of the afternoon, both yard work and radio, which
was fine as I really needed the break.

Sunday morning was great, solid JA opening, even got to run a bit.
Heard but didn't work HL, HS, BT4EXPO (who had a monster signal) and
one other who eludes me know. Best ears goes to BD2RJ, who was a lot
weaker than BT4EXPO AND almost directly under one of the loud UA9s,
heard him for a while before he heard me.

My best score ever in this event and was really happy to work as many Asians as
I did!

FWIW, I found that those who had a harder time hearing me were in their 60s and
older. Maybe coincidental, but do wonder if this is something else to look
forward too *sigh*

On the plus side, the ages seemed a bit lower, sadly some of the OTers were
missing. Heard a couple non-Asians in their 80s, no one in their 90s. Youngest
was 22, average seemed to be around 53 or so.

Lotsa new callsigns in the log!

Thanks all,
Julius
n2wn