[3830] NCCC Sprint KP2/K6VVA(@KV4FZ) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3831@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KP2/K6VVA(@KV4FZ) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 06:44:51 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - June 25

Call: KP2/K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: St. Croix (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): 10mins

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   5     5
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   5     5  Total Score = 25

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was not going to operate the dupes deal, and very QRL immersed in trying to
get a keying problem resolved with the Netbook & WKUSB I plan to use in FD
tomorrow.  Happened to look at the clock right about 0230 and thought
what-the-heck... I'll hand out some VI mult Q's on 20m in spite of not having
the new wireless ISP connection down there.

Insanity = doing (or trying) the same thing over and over but expecting
different results ;-(

A quick path latency check was in the 200ms-250ms range which would have been
workable, so I started off a few minutes late.  Horrors.  After my first Q
things jumped to over 1100ms and after 10 minutes of dealing with some delays
of up to 7 seconds, pulled the plug.

Apologies to all who called and heard nothing.  I heard all of you but was
coloring the air blue here frustrated beyond belief.  Not to mention the
embarrassment of still having CA spew out as my mult because I used an old
config file that had not been thoroughly revised to send VI ;-(

Did manage to work W1UJ, K0UK, K7SS, KE0G and K6XX.  Tnx guys.  Hopefully the
new wireless connection in KP2 will happen before the IARU, and result in a
consistent lower latency.  Hopefully.

If you work W6HUL on CW during FD, most likely that will be me - at the local
CalFire EOC in Morgan Hill.

73...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust