[3830] IARU AD1C SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] IARU AD1C SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:03:23 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:   47      9     11      10
   20:  246    109     27      33
   15:   27     17      9       6
   10:    4      2      3       1
-------------------------------------
Total:  324    137     50      50  Total Score = 151,000

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Radio:     Icom IC-756 Pro III (100W)
Antenna:   HyGain AV-640 vertical (temp mount in backyard)
Software:  WriteLog 10.76

Conditions to Russia Saturday night were outrageous!  I was able to work 23 of
the WRTC competitors on 20 CW using a less-than-WRTC-sized station, and even
worked one one on 20 SSB!

I could not believe how loud YL4HQ and YT0HQ were on 15 meters Saturday
morning.  It sounded a little like old times.  I also heard 5B/W2TAA quite
well, he copied "AD1" but alas we did not make it.  I worked at least two
all-time new ones from Colorado, SV (2) and A7 (!).  Africa was almost
non-existent except for CT3 and EA8.

Thanks to the Russian organizers and hosts for what appears to be a highly
competitive and successful WRTC.

Count of ITU zones worked:

ZONE    COUNT
 8      108
29      64  ** 24 of these are WRTC stations
 6      55
 7      35  ** 1-pointers
28      32
15      15