[3830] IARU NO5W SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NO5W SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:06:50 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0
   80:    7             2       2
   40:  155            17      16
   20:  176            17      24
   15:   23             6       2
   10:    1                     1
-------------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

K3@100w, 10/15/20/40/80 dipoles @ 25ft, CQ/X 1.7.8.2

Nary a dit nor a dah was heard from the WRTC stations although I did work a
number of zone 29-31 stations and a number of zone 18. In spite of the absence
of any WRTC in the log this was a fun contest with good participation (I worked
262 unique calls), and good conditions (it was good to hear 15m open although
most of the Qs were domestic). And I improved my score from 2009 by about 20%.

It always amazes me to work ZL's on 40m with my antenna-challenged station but
two showed up in the log on the first or second call about thirty minutes into
the contest. Europe was good on 20 and 40 Saturday evening. 80m was too noisy
to get anything going there and not many stations were heard on that band the
few times I ventured there. Disappointing that I didn't work a single JA and
heard only a few.

Thanks for the Qs and for pulling my signal out of the noise and QRM.

73/Chuck/NO5W