[3830] IARU W4MJA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4MJA@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W4MJA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 09:43:53 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4MJA
Operator(s): W4MJA
Station: W4MJA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:10

  160:    0             0       0
   80:   29             3       0
   40:   29             7       1
   20:  215            14       5
   15:   90             7       4
   10:   36             4       1
-------------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Knew from the beginning of the week that this would be an interesting contest.
The main 20M antenna had a 2:1 SWR that could not be easily fixed, but the new
10/15 wires were performing great with just 100 watts all week, so running HP
would be even better huh? WRONG! Running 500 watts on 15 lead to the worst RFI
in my household I (and my family) have ever seen! So only 3 HP contacts were
made on 15 during the entire contest, and 20 as well as 10 were just 100 watts
as well.
20M sounded great to Asia and EU after 02:00Z, and was surprised at the number
of DX calls I got just running 100 watts. 40 and 80 were terribly noisy, and it
seemed to be coming from all directions according to the K9AY loop. I was able
to snag A71A for an all time new country on 40 pretty easily.
Right now it looks as if this may be the last contest of 2010 for my QTH. With
backyard construction about to break ground in the next few weeks, all the
wires will need to come down while some trees are being taken out, and Iâ??m
not sure if Iâ??ll be able to put anything back up during the construction
process of the new deck and pool. On the bright side, itâ??s a great excuse to
put up better wires when everything is finished.
FT-1000MP,  Ameritron AL-811, Writelog, Wires that come down easier than
theyâ??ll go back up.