[3830] CWopsT K9MMS HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9MMS HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:50:11 -0700
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 15

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

   80:  22     10
   40:  29     18
   20:  22     22
-------------------
Total:  73     50  Total Score = 3,650

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

IC-756PRO3 + AL-811H at 550 watts.  Twenty sounded great.  High noise level on
40 and even higher noise on 80.  Used a separate RX antenna on 80.  Spent
approximately 20 minutes on each band -- first 20, then 40, and 80 last.

This was my first CWT in a few months, and this was my first time to operate in
all 3 CWTs on the same day.  I think I was half asleep during session 1 at 1100Z
/ 0600 CDT.  Sessions 1 and 2 were essentially single band events for me.  At
1100Z, I only heard CWT stations on 40 meters.  At 1900Z, I  heard stations
mostly on 20 -- only worked four on 40.  Session three found all three bands
with plenty of activity.  Eighty started slow when I first went there at 0344Z,
the it gradually picked up after about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the Qs and Ms.  Thanks to the CWT management for sponsoring this fun
event.
73,
    Gary . K9MMS