[3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AA5AU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 07:54:58 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   57    26
   40:  152    40
   20:  252    48
   15:   77    31
   10:   14     9
-------------------
Total:  552   154  Total Score = 85,008

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: LCC

Comments:

Great fun despite known antenna problems.  The D40 has been bad for some time
but a torn medial meniscus in my right knee has kept me grounded the past 3
weeks so I haven't been able to climb the tower.  My 40 meter total really
suffered.  Despite being able to use the antenna with the tuner in the rig, it
was obvious that it wasn't working very well.  I was pretty much limited to S&P
on 40.

Ten was actually open for the first couple of hours but not many takers.  15
meters was good but again, everyone must have been on 20!  I'm not sure what
was wrong with 80.  With no thunderstorms in the area so I thought it would be
good but the band was very short.

I had set a goal of 500 contacts and was glad I was able to get that.  The knee
is on the mend so I hope to get the tower stripped and new antennas installed
before CQWW RTTY.  Working a contest with bad antennas is frustrating to say
the least!

73, Don AA5AU