[3830] NAQP RTTY K9YC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K9YC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:51:52 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   41    10
   40:  118    42
   20:  181    50
   15:   15    10
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  357   113  Total Score = 40,698

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

This was really tough -- I started on 15, made very little headway, and quickly
went to 20, where things didn't get much better. Tried running, but couldn't
get much going. Then SO2R with the beam on 20 and the dipole on 15, trying to
pick up mults. By 5:30pm local, I'd finished 90 minutes of my required break
time, and switched the second radio to 40M, where I continued to not make much
headway (and this is with a 2-el full size 40M Yagi at 100 ft, pointed at 70
degrees!).

By 7 pm, 40 was my main band and 20 was S&P picking up mults. I did do OK
running on 40, but it still wasn't great, and by 9 pm the second radio was on
80M, which was in even worse shape than 15. 80 and 40 are usually great bands
for me, but not last night -- best DX on 80M was CO, and only one of those! I
worked MT, but 45 seconds after the final bell. And I was still finding mults
on 40 until the final bell.

Note to the WRTC players - this is how it was on 80 and 40 LAST weekend too.

73, Jim K9YC