[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:45:20 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 23

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      6
   40:  22     17
   20:  18     10
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  49     33  Total Score = 1,617

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was rusty after several weeks away, traveling. It showed. Sorry, Howie, for
continuing to drop my call on your frequency even though we had worked on those
bands. Missed one caller, never could get the info/call. VE4XT/W9 was really
loud to start on 20, then faded to S1 within minutes.  Twenty meters was quiet
and many of the QSOs were ESP. 40 meters was its usual very good self, with
many big signals. 80 was 80...everyone is way down here except for the pleasant
surprise of hearing K5NZ, who was thunderously loud, and N5RZ and NO5W, who were
loud. Great to hear the Tejas boyz on. 80 was so tough I never checked 160.

No one was a three bander, but several were two baggers including N4AF, W0YK,
N9FC, VE4XT/W9, WI2E, W1FJ, N6RO, K6-Locust, and W4NZ.

It's good to start another Ladder, and it was good to hear several of the well
known operators who have been missed. That includes N5KO and K1TN of the NJ
superstation-TNs.

Tnx to all for the nice kick-start Thursday nights.

Jim N3BB