[3830] IOTA W1WBB SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA W1WBB SO12CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 14:57:48 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: Aquidneck Is., RI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   13       4
   40:  127      29
   20:  265      32
   15:    3       1
   10:
Total:  408      66       0        0  Total Score = 159,984

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Missed prime op time mid-day here due to family event, and later due to multiple
thunderstorms... and then software lockup in evening.  Severe storm QRN made for
additional difficult copy while handling HUGE (for me) EU pile-ups for my rare
IOTA mult.

I ran alot (vice S & P) while active to get my IOTA mult out there so my total
# of IOTA mults worked (esp on 20m) may have suffered.  Looks like about 25% of
my Q's were 15 pointers so IOTA activity seemed quite good.  GREAT EU activity
(both IOTA and non-IOTA stns) in this one.  64% of distinct IOTA sections
worked here were EU; 25% NA; 5% OC; 4% AS; and 2% SA.

Signals were very good on 20m as well as 40m...but low bands suffered greatly
here due to storm noise.  Old txcvr with limited 500 Hz filtering compounded by
operator QLF made things especially challenging.  The pile-ups certainly showed
my present equipment/op limitations.  Many thanks to all who called and waited
patiently at times.  The good news:  100w to an 88 ft Doublet up at 50 ft
pointed at EU/VK (works as EDZ on 20m) works great with decent propagation!

Will QSL as time permits...follow SPECIFIC directions at QRZ.com if return QSL
desired.

Thanks to RSGB for an enjoyable event and to all who activated the many
IOTAs...it was fun being the hunted!

73,  Bill  W1WBB