[3830] IOTA SY9M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernd.fd@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] IOTA SY9M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 03:28:05 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: SY9M
Operator(s): SV9CVY SV2KBS DL6FBL
Station: SY9M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: KM25
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   59       33       29      29
   40:  259       59      501      73
   20:  370       74     1293     104
   15:  153       46      383      54
   10:   75       14       59      17
Total:  916      226     2255     277  Total Score = 10,078,611

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Holiday operation from SV9CVY's QTH. We used all Friday to assemble the Optibeam
OB804020, which was damaged in winter. The antenna was finally going up on
Saturday, and was connected 15 minutes before the contest. Yet the rotator was
not connected and the Antenna stayed due North all weekend. And the 80m portion
did not work. High SWR all over the band. Late in the night a piece of wire was
brought up, and was the only antenna for that band.

Propagation on 15m and 10m sucked especially Saturday afternoon. There was not
one signal on 10m, and the multiplier station found stations on 15m maybe only
every 5 or 10 minutes...
Normally you would also think that propagation into JA is very easy from down
here, but last weekend it was not - and we worked only a few JAs on 15/CW. The
only JA on 15/SSB was worked a few minutes before the end of the contest.

TNX for all QSOs!

73 Ben
DL6FBL