[3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KE3X LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:46:33 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 30

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   5      5
   40:  10      7
   20:   1      1
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  16     13  Total Score = 208

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well it seems my scores are going in the right direction at least:

4 weeks ago:   5 x 5 = 25
3 weeks ago:   10 x 9 = 90
2 weeks ago:   14 x 10 = 140
last week:     21st Anniversary Dinner!   (no NS for me ...)
this week:     16 x 13 = 208

I spent last week climbing trees to put up an 80-meter dipole and tonight
managed to work 5 guys on it, so I guess that's progress.   However, I have no
signal on 20-Meters at all, it seems.   Might as well just start on 40M next
week.

Worked:  K4RO, K8MR, K8MM, KW8N, N4OGW, K1IMI, W0ETT, K0AD, K0UK, KY4F, N6RO
(... finally!), K1TN, N2MM and N4ZZ

I called but did not hear me:   KZ5D, WD0T, W7WHY, K9BGL, K0MPH, N9CK, K7SS,
NO3M, N3BB, KY4F, W4NZ, KO7X, W0YK, K6VVA, W1UJ, KE0G, N5RZ and about 10
others.

# of jump balls won:  0.
# of times I was called after completing a QSO:  1.
# of CQ's answered:  0.

My goal has been to some day hit 1,000 points in NS, but that will surely take
better conditions than tonight's.   Ordered a DX Doubler SO2R box this week,
but since nobody hears my CQ's anyway I guess I should just return it unopened
:-)   Instead, my contribution to NS will be to hand out the DC mult so someone
else can win the 3,000 point Locust Prize!

Thanks for the Q's, hope to work more folks next week.  73,

Ken KE3X