[3830] NAQP CW W4EF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4EF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 23:21:06 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1:55

  160:   7      2
   80:  63     18
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  70     20  Total Score = 1,400

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Rig: FT1000MP MKV
Ant: 160M Inverted-L

I listened a little on 20 meters early in the contest while catching up on
paperwork. The band sounded really good. Not a peep on 15, however. In fact, 20
sounded so good, I thought about driving to my remote QTH for the last half of
the contest, but I had too many competing priorities, so I decided to play
around on 80 and 160 from my home station during the last 2 hours.

Static levels on 80 meters were high, but I still could hear a lot of stations
who couldn't hear me. In contrast a number of those stations who couldn't hear
me seemed to be hearing other 6's which adds to my suspicion that my 160 meter
inverted-L is suffering the ill effects of my limited space ground radial
system as well as all the close-in clutter (the two-story house and the 60'
pine tree both just a few feet from the vertical radiator).

Despite my PW signal it was great fun handing out a few QSOs in the last hours
of the contest.

73, Mike W4EF/6