[3830] ARRL UHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF W0ZQ/R Rover HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 06:45:48 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: W0ZQ/R
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ/R

Class: Rover HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:  14      5
  432:  24      5
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:   5      2
  10G:  14      3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  57     15  Total Score = 5,814

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

Sunday mid-morning I grabbed the "easy" bands for a mini-rover to EN34 and EN35.
 An FT897, two 100 watt brick, a 3 element 222 yagi and a 432 omni got me on 222
& 432.  The 5760 and 10gig dishs got thrown in the back of the Subaru for a four
band rover.  First stop was the Park & Ride ramp just east of the Mall of
America.  Best DX on all four bands was to KM0T at about 305 km.  Second stop
was a park area just north of downtown Mpls where we were able to bounce 5.7
and 10 gigs off of the downtown buildings for a few more Q's during our "uW
activity hour".  Again, best DX on all four bands was on a direct path to KM0T
at about 323 km or so.  Very hot & humid, especially for MN, but lots of fun to
be out roving for a while and to hand out some contacts.  It is truely amazing
what can be worked on the uW .... wish more people knew this.